Monday, January 9, 2012

The Disgust of Delayed Flights


An on-time flight will be more than an icing on the cake. This holds true and any traveler will be more than happy and satisfied if the flight he will be taking will go smoothly and safely as scheduled. However, in the Philippines, it has been the rule and not an exemption that flights will be delayed. Last 2011, I went out of towns and rode the plane more than 5 times. As far as I could remember, more than half of my flights were delayed. I even experienced a flight deferred for half a day and even worse, a flight re-scheduled on the next day. If I travelled with exact itinerary and pre-scheduled tours, I will be fuming lava in my mouth. I once saw first-hand how a pitiable tourist (who has a pre-scheduled tour for that day) was totally dismayed and disappointed when his flight was cancelled.  What made the matter worse was that the airline company did not even bother to apologize or offer something in return. The funny thing though is that the reason has been the same for ages: FLIGHT MAINTENANCE.  Giving the benefit of the doubt to airline companies, can’t they do it ahead of time since the flight has been scheduled way, way before the date of departure? Secondly, will it be so much of a loss for them to offer something to drink at the very least? It is not easy to wait for something unknown when your stomach is ramming for some chow. Just a piece of advice from a seasoned traveler, a biscuit in your hand-carried bag might be your saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment